Skip navigation

Public Services

Police - Parkside, Cambridge CB1 1JG

Call 999 when;

  • lives are at risk / violence / serious injury
  • Serious crime is happening
  • A criminal is still at the scene or is nearby

Silent solutions in a 999 emergency

  • If you find yourself in a situation where you need to call 999 for help but are unable to speak as it may put you and others around you at risk of harm, you should press 55 on your phone to indicate your need for help.
  • If you are able to make noise but unable to speak, such as coughing, then do so to alert the 999 operator to your emergency

Call 101 to report a non-urgent crime or disorder to the police, have a general query or wish to speak to a local officer.

Citizens Advice - Citizens Advice aim to provide the advice people need for the problems they face and improve the policies and practices that affect people's lives.

They provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.

Cambridge Citizens Advice - 66 Devonshire Road, Cambridge, CB1 2BL / Drop in sessions: Mon - Fri: 09:15am - 12:45pm / Advice line: 0344 848 7979 Mon - Fri: 2pm -4pm

Human Rights and Equality Commission

If you need expert information, advice and support on discrimination and human rights issues and the applicable law, especially if you need more help than advice agencies and other local organisations can provide, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).

Please note: EASS is completely independent of the Commission.

Phone: 0808 800 0082
Textphone: 0808 800 0084


Opening hours:

9am to 7pm Monday to Friday
10am to 2pm Saturday
Closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays

Rights of Women

Rights of Women provide women with the legal advice and information they need to understand and use the law and their legal rights. They also work to improve the law for women and increase women's access to justice.