Skip navigation

Eating Disorder Support

Students seeking support in relation to an eating disorder might find the following options useful:

  • The Students' Unions' Advice Service - make an appointment to speak in confidence with a Advisor. We do not offer specialist eating disorders support but can listen to anything you would like to talk about and explore options for support.
  • The University Counselling Service provides individual counselling and group sessions for students experiencing an eating disorder
  • Your GP may also be able to provide information, support and advice.
  • NHS - the NHS Choices site on eating disorders.
  • NHS in Cambridge - information about Cambridge's NHS eating disorders support.
  • The B-eat (national eating disorders charity) helpline, youthline or messaging service is a confidential helpline number which offers support to sufferers, family and friends.
  • MGEDT (Men Get Eating Disorders Too) - MGEDT is an award winning national charity is run by and for men with eating disorders including their carers and families.
  • Mind - Mind is a mental health charity with plenty of information about eating disorders.
  • SANE runs a national, out-of-hours helpline offering specialist emotional support and information to anyone affected by mental illness, including family, friends and carers.
  • Mind infoline provides information on treatments and advocacy and details of help and support in your local area