Skip navigation

International Students

Cambridge has a community of several thousand international students. This page will give you information you may need as an international student in Cambridge either before you arrive, or during your time in Cambridge.

Cambridge University International Student Office provide specialist support to students who come to study at Cambridge from outside the UK, help promote and support student mobility opportunities and administer some specific international finding awards.

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides a wealth of information relating to all aspects of study and student life for international students

Financial Support

Health and Welfare

The National Health Service (NHS) is the UK's state healthcare system providing a wide range of health care services including appointments with a doctor, hospital treatment and dental care. Further details on healthcare for international students can be found here

For advice on provision and cost of health services such as doctors and dentists see the advice by UKCISA.

As a Cambridge University student you are entitled to free access and full use of the University Counselling Service, the Disability Resource Centre, and your College Nurse.

Immigration, Visas and Support

Making sure you take time to sort out your student visa is incredibly important whether you are applying from outside the UK to begin a course at Cambridge, or whether you are applying in Cambridge for an extension. The Home Office will give you information on applying for a visa, extending a visa and answer all your immigration related questions as well as send you the relevant documents from Cambridge University.

Cambridge Life