Skip navigation

Your JCR or MCR College Support Officers

Your college Junior Common Room (JCR), Middle Common Room (MCR) or college Students' Union includes a variety of part-time officers who can act as a first port of call if you are experiencing any issues, offer a listening ear and provide referrals to various services and sources of support in Cambridge. Remember however that these officers are part-time and most have not received specialised training, so it may be worth also getting in touch with one of our Advisors.

The membership and roles varies across JCR/MCR/SUs across Cambridge, but usually include some of the following:

  • Welfare officer
  • Women's officer
  • Academic Affairs officer
  • Equality officer
  • Oversea's Officer
  • Ethnic Minority Officer